Aug 30, 2010

How to Get That Musty/Mold Smell Out of Your Hair

Esmi te Bear and I went to Skanör and spent a week with his 95-year old grandmother. While the place as cozy as you would imagine, the only drawback was that the house smelled of mold; it being badly planned out aside from being ancient. Since we stayed for a week, the house's moldy scent clung on to our skin, hair, and basically onto every thing we brought with us to our house.

I have long hair, so you could imagine how badly it would smell with a week's worth of mold. In spite of the washing and the scalp-scrubbing, the scent would never leave my hair during our stay there.

Today, thankfully, I got the scent away! I was really scared that I would go to school smelling eau de geriatric. To anyone who gets in the same predicament as I did, here's how to remove the smell of must and mold from your hair.

Hair:

1. Mix about 1 tablespoon of vinegar with a basin of water.
2. Soak hair in water.
3. Rinse hair with the vinegar solution and lather. Leave in hair for about three minutes.
4. Wash out the solution with a lot of cold water. Your hair may smell faintly of pickles but it will shine like the sun thanks to the vinegar's cleansing components.

Good news: my hair smells tons better now. Bad news: I really REALLY want chicken pork adobo. NAO.

No comments:

Post a Comment