Sep 11, 2009

Di Ko Kinaya.


It's one thing to meet the parents over dinner and it's another to have a place near them. Then, it's a totally different matter if you have to go to the house of your boyfriend's parents everyday to use their internet for work. While I do admit that I wanted Purple Turban's parents to like me, I never really thought that his mom and I have almost become amigas. Every afternoon, we go to the terrace and have coffee and pastries among the flowers. The past couple of months have been okay. We got to know each other better and have become very comfortable with one another. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I was blind-sided by a couple of quips The Mushan made.

I.
Scene: A roadside store somewhere in the south of Sweden. The Adik picks up a shot glass and sees that the illustrations drawn on the glass' surface show a moose couple enjoying sexy time in various ways. Embarrased, The Adik hastily puts the glass back.

Mushan: Oh, what's that?
The Adik: Er...(blushes) a shot glass that's PG 13.
Mushan (picks up the glass, laughs): Are you a prude?!
The Adik: o.O

II.
Scene: Terrace. The Adik and Mushan are having coffee. The two are talking about the possibility of The Adik studying in Stockholm.

The Adik:
Yeah, maybe I'd stick to a course or a Masteral degree close to my undergrad degree. I don't know how they process school papers submitted by a foreigner.
Mushan: Everything will be easier when you and Purple Turban are married.
The Adik. @____@

END

2 comments:

  1. Everything will be easier when you and Purple Turban are married.

    Oi, kunwari hindi iniisip! MOO HA HA HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete